Saturday, February 27, 2010

BARREL OF MONKEYS

  • 5 little monkeys jumping in my head, 1 fell down and now there are ...
  • 4 little monkeys jumping in my head, 1 fell down and now there are ...
  • 3 little monkeys jumping in my head, 1 fell down and now there are ...
  • 2 little monkeys jumping in my head, 1 fell down and now there is ...
  • 1 little monkey jumping in my head, 1 fell down and now there are ...
  • No more monkeys jumping in my head!!!

Have you found your five minutes of quiet this week?

Our Sr. Hi Bible Study is using Henri Nouwen's Lenten Devotion. We were reminded at Wednesday night's study how important the discipline of prayer is in our lives. Without prayer we become deaf to the voice of love and become confused by the many competing voices asking for our attention.

Does your inner life reflect a "barrel of monkeys" jumping in your head? I challenge each of us to find half an hour, or five minutes to "be still", without talking to someone, listening to music, watching TV, texting or reading a book. In this solitude, may we hear the comforting voice of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment