Thursday, November 3, 2011

Answering the Call

Next week I will be taking a delegation from WNCC to St. Louis, MO for Exploration 2011. A conference designed for young adults to help discern their call to ministry. In preparation for this experience, I have found it necessary to better articulate my own calling which began in high school.

I remember the tug of war inside of me. At school, my career path was not particularly popular. Counselors and teachers were disappointed I was not choosing a more academic route given my class rank, GPA and Junior Marshall status. My peers were polite, but shocked I would chose Pfeiffer College over UNC-Chapel Hill.

My family and church were the primary sources of affirmation for me. Oh how I wish the UMC would have offered Exploration 1976 so I could have gathered with others to worship, pray,dialogue and learn the unique gifts required for ministry.

I am so excited to be sharing this experience with young adults who are being called to lead, serve and love the next generation. Watch for blogs throughout our weekend together Nov.11-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment