Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why God Chose Me

The Mission to Michigan was my second mission trip. I had looked forward to it all summer, but never guessed it would be such an amazing and spiritually awakening experience. I tried to go in to the week with an open mind and open heart. I made sure to step out of my comfort zone and let myself experience new things and new people.

Most of all, I tried to go where God led me. This meant scraping wallpaper in a hot house all day. This meant staying awake with my mom for three hours in the early morning while she drove and everyone else slept. This meant playing with the children in the day camp. As a group, this meant making a change at the Baldwin Center.

God chose me for this mission trip so that I could do all this and more. God chose me because it was such an important experience for me. I have never felt so close with a group of people. Our foot-washing devotion was so touching that I felt like a new person. God chose me because it was a chance for me to Live Out Loud. It was a chance for me to do something that would help others. It was a chance for me to be a better person. God chose me for the mission trip to Pontiac, Michigan for many reasons. Because he chose me, I had the chance to be closer with my youth group and with God.

Megan Mallonee

No comments:

Post a Comment