Friday, May 21, 2010

The Time of my Life

Thank you to all the youth who participated in the worship service this past Sunday. What a true testimony to others about the way you LIVE YOUR FAITH OUT LOUD!

My friend Debs shared a song "The Time of my Life" by former American Idol contestant, David Cook, that picks up on the theme LOL.

The words are: I'll taste every moment, and live it out loud, I know this is the time to be more than a name or a face in the crowd. This is the time, This is the time of my life.

As a new class of confirmands is blessed this Sunday, I hope you will remember your baptism and confirmation. Indeed, as we say "yes" to God and our faith, we are accepting the responsibility to be more than a name or face in the crowd. It has to mean something and cause us to act differently, make better choices, be more accepting. It is not easy when we care what others think, when we struggle financially or emotionally, when things don't go our way or someone wrongs us. But God didn't ask us to LOL when it was easy. He modeled practicing your faith regardless of the circumstances.

As the song implies "choose to love rather than be bitter ". Quit "holding on to things/images that vanish into air". And always, always keep your feet on solid ground and face the Son. And then you can face everyday with arms wide open to Live Out Loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment